Novel T12 and Novel T20 Multipurpose Silviculture Carriers
The NOVEL Carrier is designed and ratified by an ECSA Engineer and manufactured in-house to be a versatile carrier, but also specifically suitable and designed as an automatic planting machine for forestry seedlings.
These vehicles are 4X4, 4WS, Crab-steer with an overall length of 6.2m and 8.2m respectively with an overall width of 2.4m and a ground clearance of 450mm. The carry capacity of the T12 is 12 tons and that of the T20 is 20 tons. Deutz-Weichai engines of 95kw and 199kw are used.
These rough terrain vehicles are used for bulk water, spray booms, secondary watering of seedlings, carriers for equipment or silviculture accessories.
Two models are available; a 12 ton and a 20 ton.
- Standard PLC system
- GPS Guidance grid system (38mm pitting accuracy) (can override)
- Very reliable and stable
- Planting only recorded on completion – quality assurance
- Graphs of shift progress
- Direct e-mail to manager (designated mail address) and USB port for data download
- Provide for three shifts per day
- GPS data can be used to draw 3-D map of area
- Dedicated Linde system for drive and auxiliary
- Load sensing for efficiency
- Quick release couplings at front and rear for use of other implements with 3-point linkage
Multiple Use (of Carrier)
- Pitting only
- Planting (all functions)
- Bulk water carrier
- Firefighting unit
- Secondary watering and fertilizing
- Spray-boom operations
- An assortment of attachments to the 3-point linkage either at the front or the rear
All year round utilization is a reality.
Ergonomics and Safety
- Fully ROPS / FOPS certified
- Excellent operator comfort and low cab noise
- Comfortable and safe instrument placement
- Ergonomic placement of all controls
- Excellent traction and slope stability
- A Slope-watch that measures slope is available to alert operator when the slope implies a safety risk. (optional)
- Safety seat and harness
- Safety entrance / exit and emergency exit
- Air conditioned
- Low emissions – TIER 3 engines (Excellent fuel economy)
- Low soil densification
- Minimum soil disturbance
- Low noise pollution